Tuesday, May 24, 2011

30 Day Shred

Do you know who Jillian Michaels is? She's a beast... in a good way, of course! She is one of the toughest personal trainers on the show "The Biggest Loser." Now, I've never seen the show, but I have seen pictures of the results, and man are they amazing!

Jillian also has her own work out dvds! I started them this past year at school. I love work out dvds, they are so much nicer than having to go to the gym, although sometimes they are kind of lame and don't really do anything for me. BUT, Jillian's are amazing. I've heard nothing but good reviews from those who have used them and they really make you feel good.

I started doing her '30 Day Shred' and let me tell you, it's kicking my trash... and I love it! No pain, no gain. It's super fast, only about 20-25 minutes a day. It's circuit training, so it's super effective in that short amount of time.

Now, you can buy the dvd (which is well worth the money, actually) or you can cheat like me and just read the instructions online for free :)

There are 3 levels, and I am half way through the first level (I'm going to spend 10 days on each). Maybe I will even weigh myself and see if it makes a difference... but probably not. I'm very anti-weighing-yourself. I think as long as you feel healthy and beautiful, it doesn't matter what you weigh. Usually I feel my best when I am in good shape, so it works out anyway.

So, try this work out some time! It's a great way to get in your daily exercise without having to leave your house... oh and there's barely any equipment needed (I use a blanket for a mat and I have used heavy objects instead of weights before).

What is your favorite work out dvd or training plan?

1 comment:

  1. i usually just watch kungfu movies and do what they do! drunken master ftw!

    sweet post junebug!

    ReplyDelete