Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Black to White Jeans, and a Quesiton for You

Hello! Sorry for the lag in posting. I have two excuses! One, I started working full-time and just don't have as much time to do fun things (bummer!), and Two, I broke all the needles on my sewing machine, so I have to wait to buy more (woops!). But don't worry, I still have lots to do and I'll get those needles soon.

Before I start, go visit my friend Lesa's blog post. She did it for me!! She's a funny gal with lots to say on lots of fun topics, so read all her stuff while you're at it!

Ok, back to business: I found my very first pair of skinny jeans in a pile of clothes to donate to the thrift store. I was sad because I really loved them and the only reason I had them in that pile was because they got white paint on them (they are black jeans). Then something amazing happened. A stroke of genius, inspiration, whatever you want to call it... but I had the thought to bleach them! I did the same thing I did over here, but this time I had to do the process about 4 times at 45 minutes each. Woof.

Silly me, I didn't take a picture before, but here's a picture of a seam which I removed (more on that later) so you can see the great contrast in the before and after with these jeans. I was really amazed they got so light!



Well, I was really excited and I tried them on and...




They didn't fit. Not even close! They were HUGE. Like, 3 or 4 sizes too big! Ok, so either I lost a LOT of weight in college, or something about the bleaching made them get ginormous. I have a hard time believing either. So, it's still a mystery!

I was sort of bummed, but then I remembered this post from C&C, and I got more inspiration :)

But, until I get more needles, I can't finish them :( Here are the before shots, though, so you can admire the bleach's job.


 SEE?? HUGE!!

I am in need of some new music. I love my Pandora stations, but I'm getting a little tired of the same songs over and over. Please, comment below and give me suggestions! :)

2 comments:

  1. I always listen to the Adele station or Laura Marling. Soooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Backstreet Boys station. You'll hear gems you haven't heard since 4th grade. And you'll still know every word to all the songs.

    Also, I can't believe you bleached black jeans perfectly white! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete