Sunday, May 29, 2011

Moving On

I have been working the past week or so on these silly white jeans. Bleaching them worked awesome, and I was excited to take them in and make them fit. However, after hours and hours of working on them, I think it's time to count them as a loss and move on.

I definitely got them to fit a lot better than before and if you just glanced at them you wouldn't notice anything wrong. But, they just don't feel comfortable and I feel like if I sit down the seams are going to pop right out. That would be a horrible disaster. Also, the button fell off. :(

Well, I did learn a few lessons from this project. The first one was how to take in the waist band of pants/jeans. I followed this tutorial, and let me tell you, I did an AWESOME job on that part. It's really simple and doesn't take too much time and looks very professional. The second lesson I learned is that even though you could refashion and sew everything, does not mean you should. You have to take into account the amount of time and effort you will be putting into the garment, and if you would actually wear it. In this case, I'm thinking I would be better off buying some white skinny jeans from a store, rather than making my own.




All in all, it was a good experience and I learned a lot. I think i will try modifying pants in the future, but just to work on my sewing skills. Also, I think if I wanted to make skinny jeans again, I'd use a pair that I already have and love, then use them as a guide to get the measurements and cut right, sort of how I did this blouse.

Here are some pictures anyway! Recognize the shirt? This whole outfit is bleached! I just cut the sleeves and length where I wanted it, no sewing necessary since it's a knit and won't fray. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.

No comments:

Post a Comment